Application / Environment
Composite foundational wall system to replace poured concrete.
Location / Year
New to the market, with US national code approval granted late CY’14.
Process Technology Company
Composite Panel Systems, LLC (CPS), Eagle River, Wisconsin
This system was designed by a builder, for a builder. The CPS foundational wall system eliminates the dated approach of using poured concrete with a sophisticated composite panel system with a strong value proposition for the builder and the homeowner.
Modified open molding process for the skins with foam core; with pultruded connector pieces
Compared to a poured foundation wall, the CPS composite foundation offers:
- Estimated 2 week shorter construction time
- Estimated 15% gain in energy efficiency
- R-value of 20 vs. <5
- 10x the lateral load strength
- Light weight, reducing structural loading
Why This Solution?
- Ease and speed of installation
- Integrated stud cavities for mechanicals
- Larger living space
- Warm, dry, feeling below grade
Learn more about the use of composites in EPITOME Foundation Walls.